Halfway Done with Spring Term

February 8th, 2016 echen17

So it’s Week 6 here at Uni and it seems like just yesterday, I was getting off the train from celebrating New Year’s in Edinburgh. Speaking of New Year’s though…Happy (Chinese) New Year!

Since I’ve last blogged, my academic life has picked up-as in-I’ve never had to turn in three problem sets on the same day before. Even though I tried to finish them before the weekend, I was still up until 3 AM this morning, trying to find a decryption algorithm for this cipher. It’s about 8 PM here as I’m typing this, and I’m still thinking about it even though I turned it in this morning. That just goes to show how invested I am in my studies, haha. Or nerdy, but I would take that as a compliment.

Other aspects of my life (that don’t involve maths) have also been great:

Softball has grown on me-I’ve come to love the sport-even though I’ve gotten so many bruises. I also managed to jam my finger last week, which was painful-I couldn’t bend it for a while. But aside from my battlefield wounds, my first tournament is in two weeks, and I can’t wait for that.

FullSizeRender

I journeyed down to Oxford about a week ago to see some friends. My best friend from Holy Cross is studying there this year, as well as one of my best friends from high school. It was an awesome day filled with shopping, drinking tea, and visiting Harry Potter film sites!

That’s all for now, I have loads of reading to catch up on for tomorrow…
Cheers!

Ellen Chen '17