Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

December 23rd, 2015 echen17

The clock is ticking. In a couple of days, it’ll be Christmas and soon enough we’ll be celebrating the New Year! #2016HereWeCome! This has been one of the best years of my life, and I’m only 21 years old. It only gets better from here, right? It’s hard to believe that earlier this year, I was scared to tell my parents that I was accepted to study abroad at the University of York in England. It’s also crazy that I was part of a huge fashion show, went on a Spring Break Immersion trip to Alabama, took part in ExploreASIAn, and was an Odyssey mentor for a great group of first years. I loved almost every minute of this past year.

These past two weeks have also been wicked awesome. (Even though I’ve been studying for my exams…) The Office of Advancement rehired me, so up until yesterday, I’ve been working part time on campus. It gave me a schedule to work with-I probably would not have had motivation to study otherwise, truth be told. I would drive to Holy Cross early in the morning to study at Cool Beans before work, and I would occasionally stay on campus after work for a few hours to study in Dinand. I felt like I never left, haha.

I also went to the Holy Cross Men’s Basketball game a couple of days ago, because…yeah…I couldn’t resist breaking out the foam finger, haha. And I guess I missed these guys too.

I also got the chance to catch up with a lot of my friends over dinner after work before they left for their winter break. It was great seeing them, because I missed them so much while I was in England.

The other night, I also got the chance to catch up with a HC Alumnus. You may or may not remember him, but he was on that same Spring Break Immersion trip that I participated in last semester.

Anyways, that’s pretty much all I’ve been up to: working, studying, and catching up with friends. Time flies by really quickly when you’re having fun…I’ll be back across the pond in less than a week!

Cheers 🙂

Ellen Chen '17