Taking this Blog to the Next Level

September 12th, 2015 echen17

Hello, my wonderful readers!

In less then 2 weeks, I will be in England beginning my studies at the University of York! That’s right, this blog is going international. I cannot wait for classes to begin! A lot of my friends that are staying in the states for junior year are telling me that they wish their summer was longer, but I’m a nerd-I love studying…like put me in a lecture so I can take notes and learn, haha. #HolyCrossProblems?

Since Odyssey ended, I’ve been at home…pretty much doing nothing but getting ready to go abroad for the next academic year. There’s so many things that I need to think about-have I gotten my visa (yes), did I book my flight (yes), do I know how I’m getting to York from the airport (yes), etc. I have got to give props to all the international students out there! It seems like there are a lot more details for international students to carefully consider than students who decide to study in their home country.

I can’t imagine what it would be like to study abroad for more than a year. I would miss my friends and family too much. Fortunately for me, one of my close friends from HC is going to study at University with me. We met during Visions Weekend* before our first year, but he doesn’t remember… (I forgive him though, that was almost 3 years ago)

Anyways, the point is, we’re still friends, and…

We’re adorable, we know 😉

I also can’t wait to see our other friends who are currently studying abroad in Europe! Shoutout to my friends currently in León, Spain and Saint Andrews, Scotland! Hopefully you guys are having the time of your lives, I miss you, and I can’t wait to see you all in Europe! <3

So, the next time I’ll post will probably be from England…that’s a concept that has been so hard to wrap around my head TBH, but I’m ready for the next chapter of my life.

sunset

*Visions Weekend-When ALANA perspective students have the opportunity to stay at Holy Cross for a weekend with a student host to experience what campus life is like, as well as shadowing their host student to experience what a class is like on the hill.

Ellen Chen '17