A Nightmare of a Week

March 27th, 2015 echen17

Hey all,

It’s finally Friday!!! This past week has been one of the most stressful weeks I’ve had in a while. It started off with me recovering from a cold (last Friday I was so sick, I couldn’t get up from my bed), and it just went down from there. However, I have great friends who show up at my door after class to give me my graded problem set, and to let me know if I needed them, they would be there for me. After these last two years, the friends that I made here have definitely become part of my family.

My week was crammed with a lot of stuff. I had a problem set due Monday, a project for my architectural studio due on Tuesday, an exam on Wednesday, a paper due Thursday, and another exam, which I took this morning. Oh and I did all these things with a sore throat and an ear infection. What are the odds, right?! My left ear is still ringing, and is basically not working right now…

But hey! I made through this week! I’m alive. Everything is good. Especially because after class on Wednesday, it’s Easter Break! I haven’t been home in a while, so it’ll be nice to just relax…(for a bit because I still have work to do over break, sadly).

I also have great news to share! I’ve been selected to be a Resident Counselor for Odyssey. Odyssey is a program open to all first-year ALANA and international students. As an Odyssey “grad”, it’ll definitely be interesting for me to be on the other side of the program, helping run it. I can’t wait until summer!

Anyways, that’s all for now…

Ellen Chen '17