How’s It Going?

February 1st, 2015 echen17

Hello all!

It is Super Bowl Sunday and I will be rooting for the New England Patriots. GO PATS!

It has been about two weeks since classes began again, but personally, I feel as if I never left for winter break.

A few nights ago, Sister to Sister* had a book discussion of Count on Me: Tales of Sisterhoods and Fierce Friendships. I thought it was a great discussion about friendship, and I learned that we all shared a lot of similar experiences growing up. It’s definately nice to have people in your lives who have similar stories to you when you’re away at college.

In other news, the BSU Fashion show is this Friday, and yours truly will be modeling. If you knew me in high school, you would be shocked. There is no other way to describe it. College has definately helped build my confidence. I thought I was confident in high school, but now I’m going to networking events, not feeling intimidated, and whenever I’m waiting in line to get coffee, I pick up a conversation with whoever is behind me or in front of me. So, I’m super excited to walk down that runway!

Anyways, that’s all for now.

Ciao!

*”The Sister to Sister (S2S) Collaborative — a campus-wide committee which is open to female ALANA and International students, staff, faculty, and administrators of the College of the Holy Cross — seeks to create opportunities for ALANA & International women to feel supported and included in the Holy Cross community by providing a forum for developing and nurturing dialogue around issues that impact their daily lives. The Collaborative sponsors programming with a goal of creating opportunities for ALANA & International women on campus to experience a sense of connection and belonging to the Holy Cross community.”

Ellen Chen '17