It’s Late, But I’m Up and Blogging

November 19th, 2014 echen17

Hey guys,

Just wanted to check in before I head to bed. Sorry it’s been a while, but it tends to get really busy towards the end of a semester. I don’t know what it is, but it seems like a reoccurring pattern. I think it’s probably partly because of enrollment. During enrollment period, you meet with your adviser and plan out your courses you want to take next semester, and on enrollment day, everyone tries to get into the classes they want. The classes you take the following semester literally depends on luck, internet connection (with or without an ethernet cord), where you are on campus or off campus, you get the point, because when it hits exactly 7 in the morning, everyone in your class presses the “enroll” button. It’s either a hit or miss after you press that button. But luckily, it was a hit for me 😉 4/4 classes, without an ethernet cord, I might add….but some were not as lucky as me though. However, it is possible to get permission codes to get into the class you want to take by asking the professor who teaches the class or the chair of that department. There’s also open enrollment, when people switch out of classes and switch into other classes, opening up the class they switched out of.

Other than enrollment, nothing exciting has happened in the past few weeks. Just a lot of work as usual. But I have found that Cool Beans (our coffee place on campus) is rather quiet in the morning, so I love doing work there when I don’t have a morning class.

Anyways, that’s all for now.

One Response to “It’s Late, But I’m Up and Blogging”

1. […] to register for classes. It’s so different from the process at Holy Cross. Please refer to: http://echen17.me.holycross.edu/2014/11/19/its-late-but-im-up-and-blogging/  where I loosely described the process in an earlier blog entry. At the University of York, I have […]

Ellen Chen '17