Rejection is Part of Life

October 26th, 2014 echen17

Hey all,

So, last week was fall break and it was pretty relaxing, I did a lot of netflixing and I got a lot of sleep, not going to lie. Classes are going well, and I can’t believe we’re already thinking about enrollment for next semester!

Anyways from the title of this post, you could tell what I wanted to blog about today.

This week, I thought about the time when I was applying to colleges, because it was during this time when I began filling out my college applications. And then I began thinking about those rejections, and acceptance letters. Rejection is always, always, always going to be part of life. I learned that lesson when I did not get into my top choice. But if I did not get rejected, I would have not chose to come here. I love being here, even when there are downs that are so low, I just want to give up. But I don’t give up, because there are always going to be obstacles in life. Sounds cliché, right? But it’s true, you shouldn’t let the outcome (which is out of your control) to get to you. When you think you’re going to be accepted into a program, but you end up shattered by the fact that you didn’t get in, or when you get blindsided by news that you’re girl or boyfriend wants to break-up, those things should not stop you from living your life and trying again. Rejection should make you want to work even harder next time.

Anyways, that’s my advice for the week. I hope it lifted some spirits, because personally, when I’m feeling down, I need to hear that everything will be okay. 🙂

Ellen Chen '17